To write words that are engaging, entertaining, and help make the world a better place.
FREELANCE WRITER, SELF-EMPLOYED, OAKLAND, CA — JUN 2019–PRESENT
I currently do a range of different kinds of writing. I’m new to freelancing so I’m still trying to find my niche. Notable projects I’ve worked on include:
- Blogging about the tech industry
- Writing about engineering concepts for a tech startup in order to help recruit more engineers
- Website content for a company’s career page
- Worked closely with designers to create an engaging New Employee Handbook
- Technical writing to document APIs and provide examples of common workflows
- Research and organize ways to present data for academic research
- Video game story design
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, GLADLY, SAN FRANCISCO, CA — MAR 2017–JUN 2019
Gladly creates omni-channel customer service software that keeps people at the heart of it by focusing on the person, not a ticket or case number.
Responsibilities include developing new features, abolishing bugs, being part of an on call rotation for our production cluster, and taking surprise polaroids of new hires.
Since Fall 2018, I have worked as a Solution Consultant/Sales Engineer. My responsibilities include owning the software demo environment used by the sales team, adding new demo-only features, fixing bugs, building custom datasets for sales calls, and attending Customer Service Workshops in order to perform discovery and learn how to make Gladly work best for our customers.
Notable projects include:
- Developing chat as a new communication channel and making it production-ready in just three months with a small team of engineers. Since then, having chat available in our software has brought in multiple new customers to Gladly.
- A week of travel to Connecticut to help our first customer to use chat have a successful go-live. During the trip I was able to train agents on our software, identify previously missed bugs, and determine new features to add to the roadmap.
- Attending the ShopTalk conference in order to meet prospective customers and show them demos of Gladly.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, MEVOKED, SAN FRANCISCO, CA — JAN 2016 – JAN 2017
Mevoked made digital therapeutics for mental health with a focus on helping mothers with postpartum depression.
Responsibilities included developing, maintaining and improving the entirety of the code base, designing and implementing algorithm changes, testing and test automation, as well as leading a remote team of engineers.
TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER, CISCO, SAN JOSE, CA — SEP 2014-JAN 2016
Worked in a team environment using Agile methodologies to develop and execute test plans, verify bugs, and write scripts for test automation on a major Cisco product.
Written and verbal communication, organization, planning, quick learning, problem solving, brainstorming, bartending
Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA — Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 2014